NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. – The Northbridge Fire Department responded to a small fire at the Cotton Mill Apartments on Douglas Road on Feb. 6.
Fire Chief Gary Nestor said the fire was reported at 9:05 p.m. and was caused by an unattended candle that burned down and damaged the wood flooring in Apartment 122.
The fire was quickly knocked down by the occupant of the apartment and firefighters completed the process, Nestor said.
“Fire damage was confined to a 2 square-foot area of flooring and everyone was able to return to their apartments,” he said.
Cost to repair will be several thousand dollars.
There were no injuries and all apparatus returned to service by 11:04 p.m.