NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. – Two seats on the Northbridge Board of Selectmen and the position of town moderator are among those available in the May 21 annual town election.
Nomination papers are available from Tuesday through March 28 in the town clerk's office at Memorial Town Hall.
Available positions include:
- Two three-year terms on the Board of Selectmen, currently held by Charles Ampagoomian Jr. and James J. Athanas.
- One three-year term on the School Committee. Two committee members are up for re-election, but only one position will be filled, as the town is reducing the nine-member board to five members.
- One three-year term as town moderator, currently held by Harold D. Gould Jr.
- Two three-year terms on the Planning Board, currently held by Barbara H. Gaudette and Richard P. Griggs.
- One three-year, nonveteran term on the Trustees of Soldiers’ Memorials, currently held by Jeff Allard.
- One five-year term on the Redevelopment Authority, currently unfilled.
- One four-year term on the Redevelopment Authority, currently unfilled.
- One three-year term on the Redevelopment Authority, currently unfilled.
- One two-year term on the Redevelopment Authority, currently unfilled.
- One five-year term on the Housing Authority, currently held by John Patrick Shannahan.
The last day to obtain nomination papers is March 28. They must be returned to the registrar of voters with the signatures of at least 50 registered voters by 5 p.m. April 2.
Town Clerk Doreen Cedrone recommends that candidates collect at least 55 signatures in the event that some of the signatures cannot be certified.