NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. – Members of the Northbridge High School DECA Club put their business ability on the line last weekend at the District 7 DECA competition in Boxboro.
DECA is a global organization that prepares high school and college students for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management.
Of the 23 students who participated at Boxboro, 18 qualified for the upcoming state competition and 15 of those placed in the top three.
The results are:
- Josh Beauregard, first in apparels and accessories marketing.
- Lindsay Reichert, first in retail marketing.
- Alyson Houle and Grace Maxim, first in travel and tourism marketing team event.
- Teresa Wickstrom and Victoria Wood, second in hospitality marketing team event.
- Elisabeth Carse and Amberly Wright, second in travel and tourism marketing team event.
- Joseph Conte, third in hospitality and lodging marketing.
- Bryan Bedigian and Will Calabro, third in business law team event.
- Meagan Brouwer and Katherine Maguire, third in buying and merchandising team.
- Diandra Burke and Brittany O'Donnell, third in marketing communications team.
- Russell Burns, automotive services qualifier.
- Hannah Burns, business services marketing qualifier.
- Logan Vierck, business services marketing qualifier.
These 18 students will join 15 additional Northbridge students in March when 1,400 students from across Massachusetts compete for a spot in the international competition.
The top four winners in each category will earn a chance to compete in Anaheim, Calif., in April.