NORTHBRIDGE, Mass. – There’s a new game in town and it’s not one that will put more wear and tear on the town’s athletic fields.
Tryouts are scheduled for the Northbridge Youth Basketball Association.
“Ultimately our goal is to create a complete recreational youth basketball program,” states NYBA President David Scichilone on the group's website, but the first year the focus will be on travel teams that will be entered into the South Central Mass Youth Basketball League for the 2012-2013 season.
Teams will play against teams in nearby towns at the Northbridge Middle School gymnasium.
The program is open to boys and girls in grades four through eight.
The tryout schedule follows:
- 4th grade boys, Oct. 16, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- 4th grade girls, Oct. 17, 6 to 7:30 pm.
- 5th grade boys, Oct. 16, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- 5th grade girls, Oct. 17, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- 6th grade boys, Oct. 17, 7:45 to 9 p.m.
- 6th grade girls, Oct. 17, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- 7th grade boys, Oct. 18, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- 7th grade girls, Oct. 18, 7:45 to 8:45 p.m.
- 8th grade boys, Oct. 18, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- 8th grade girls, Oct. 16, 7:45 to 8:45 p.m.
Officers and directors are: David Scichilone, president; Greg Senosk, vice president; Brian Cray, secretary; Tim Labrie, treasurer; Alicia Cannon, Rich Ceruti, Jeff Padula, Bill Polymeros, and Jim Roberts.
In addition to its website, the group has facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NorthbridgeYouthBasketballAssociation.